Thursday, February 4, 2016

This Year Will Be My Breakout Year

I'm back from an excellent two week vacation in Ecuador that really recharged my batteries.  I spent most of my waking hours outside in the sun and fresh air.  The quality of the food there is spectacular: fruit, vegetables, meat, and seafood are all as fresh as fresh can be.  Talking about free range chickens, a couple of them wandered into the restaurant where I was having breakfast.  No GMOs here.

As well, even though I went off the food regime that I follow, (I ate a lot of rice, potatoes, some dessert, and drank more than a few beers) I didn't gain a single pound, probably because I stuck to my feed/fast cycle, nothing to eat until twelve hours after the evening meal.

After my return, I dropped another five pounds in the first two weeks of getting back to my normal food, activity, and exercise routine.  This is great news because I now know that if I hit another weight loss plateau, a carb reefed of two weeks can do the trick of getting me off the new plateau.

Related Posts

Moreover, as the year rolls out, I am interested in experimenting with regular carb feeds of varying lengths.  But for now, I seem to be in the fat burning zone.  Since I went on a feed and fast cycle last September, I have dropped 27 pounds.  Not too shabby, especially since I had been stuck on a plateau where my weight hovered up and down around a body set weight for 19 months despite the vast amount of aerobic activity I was putting in, the equivalent of walking across Canada in less than a calendar year.

The other thing of note is that I have now lost 61 pounds since I set out on my journey to transform my body from one that was very big and strong to one that is lean and fit.  I'm on a roll.  I have momentum on my side.

The other thing to note is that I am following through on my promise to myself that I would complete an eBook, Climbing Out of the Fat Trap, One Step at a Time, before the end of the calendar year.  So far, using the tricks I learned about forming and keeping good habits, I am working on the project each and every day.

As far as this year's SMART goals, I only have two: lose 25 pounds and drop another pant size.  At the moment, I am feeling very confident about reaching both.  Writing the book is giving me extra motivation.

Looking forward to sharing the before and after photos.

Hasta luego.



No comments:

Post a Comment