Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My SMART Goals for 2015

A New Year has begun and with it a new opportunity to put into place a set of goals to guide me for the upcoming year.  To get better results I make my goals SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely.

So, as a result, I have decided that by the end of 2015, I will have walked 4000 kilometers; I will have completed 100 resistance workouts; I will not have consumed more than 50 units of alcohol; and I will be able to fit into a pair of 36-inch-waist-jeans.

Using my Fitbit tracking application to divide the year up into weeks, I started my year on December 29, 2014, and my first week was a smashing success.  I walked 94.27 kilometers, did two workouts at the gym, and didn't consume any alcohol over the week..  To reach my goals, I will need to walk approximately 77 kilometers each week, hit the gym twice, and limit myself to one unit of alcohol.

As you can see, I have already built up a small surplus of kilometers walked and units of alcohol that were not consumed, and I am on pace for the 100 workouts.

No, I didn't try on the jeans.  It's far too early to even think about it, but as soon as those 38-inch-jeans start to feel loose, I'll be heading to the store to try a smaller size on.

Wishing you all the best with your plans and projects in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment